A new soil stabilisation technology is available in the UK; RoadCem zeolite our product enables any available materials including organic topsoil’s, silts, sulphate bearing clays and waste materials to be effectively stabilised to build strong, flexible piling mats for both driven, auger and sheet piles. With this proven time and cost saving technology now available in the UK. Why is stone and crushed concrete still being trucked to new sites for piling mat construction? Have you had any of the following problems with a stone piling mat?
- Planning and local issues with the trucking of large amounts of materials to and from your site.
- Miscalculations with quantities of cut and fill.
- Levels issues as the weak sub soils compact under the heavy stone mat.
- Mats that need to be far larger than the piling area to allow for the problems of shear.
- Dangers of moving top heavy rigs onto and off the unbound stone mat, at commencement and end of operations.
- Dangers of moving top heavy rigs around the unbound stone mat.
- Unpredictability and delays when setting up the rig for each pile on the unbound stone mat.
- Deflection of the piles due to hard and soft areas/pieces of stone.
- Heavy rains causing the stone fines to migrate lower in the mat, leaving loose larger stones on top.
- Damage from water drawn up from high water table during piling.
- Pre-boring needed to avoid break up and damage to brittle cement bound mats.
- Heave and/or swell from sulphate bearing clays.
- Frost getting into trapped water in the mat.
- Piles snagging in the supporting geogrid/mat, chaos.
- Problems removing the stone and pierced geogrid/mat from between the piles is time consuming and labour intensive.
- Stone and geogrid removed after piling must be trucked off site.
- All materials used are now classed as contaminated and must be landfilled or recycled (cleaned).
RoadCem can be used to produce predictable, safe mats, with excellent visco static properties which absorb dynamic impact preventing cracking and breakaway during piling, enabling quick rig set setup and deflection free piling.
RoadCem bound materials have high shear resistance, allowing smaller mats to be used, they are also impermeable to water, oil and acids enabling planned collection of run off of spills or heavy rain. They are also frost resistant and can be constructed and used in all weathers.
Importantly when the piling is complete, RoadCem bound soil piling mats can if required be left in place as blinding for foundation components.
Being 100% recyclable, they can if required be ground back to soil and reused on site.
Certified stabilised soil piling mat designs can be prepared by our partners Rodgers Leask consulting engineers of Derby, who can also prepare safe operating plans if required.